Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Surrendering to an Obsession

I admit I am addicted.

Yes, it's true.

I have tried to deny it, but even my mother will tell you she throws her hands into the air because she's not sure what to do about it.

I have been told quietly by business owners that I must stop, or leave the premises.

My kids have begged me to be more normal, my behavior in this matter embarrasses them.

I have considered purchases for my addiction, even when I am struggling to find the extra money to buy myself lunch. (Don't worry, I do feed the kids and take care of their needs before my own compulsions)

I give in to this fixation no matter where I might be, regardless of the weather or my own health. I can't help it.

...and yes, most of my friends help me continue this addiction, they too in some way have their own compulsions and understand mine.

But at least it's just my camera, it could be worse... eh?

No comments: