Thursday, October 30, 2008

Open Letter to Converse (Humor)

Have you ever received a phone call that was a wrong number, but the caller wouldn't believe you and just kept calling back? (This is a reoccurring problem in my home, I suspect someone with bad credit keeps giving out my number when she applies for something, and when she doen't want to pay, the collection company hounds me. The must believe I am lying when I say my name isn't Janine.)

I knew someone in North Carolina where I once lived who had this problem with his business. Converse Shoe Manufacturing Company had a similar phone number (one digit difference) and he received hundreds of phone calls a week from people who wouldn't listen closely when he answered the phone and identified his business (which sounded nothing like Converse Shoes). Eventually, to keep his sanity, (back then, changing your phone number was an expensive and convoluted ordeal) he made a joke of it and responded to the calls with the best humor he could under the circumstances.

Recently I came across a letter he wrote in fun, and never sent. It made me laugh. I thought I'd share it in case you might find it humorous as well. :)

By the way... the reference to the fire and hospital phone is untrue, but it did add and extra chuckle to the mix :)

Click on the photo of the letter to get a larger, more readable image. :)


No comments: