Friday, September 16, 2005

Goofy moments

So... my oldest boy is into breakdancing.

I remember break dancing in the 80's. A date took me to a club in Milwaukee where he spun on his head for an hour while I watched, from the side, embarrassed.
(This, from me... who was into punk and bouncing off of walls and trying to look like Madonna or Cyndi Lauper... pleeeeze)

Anyway, I never dreamed my son would be into break dancing. But he loves any kind of dancing, so I should have figured. He also into martial arts in a big way, and other fighting techniques. He is into something I do not understand called capoetta. (spelling?)
We live in the country, no trees, no water, not much to do, so the kids get creative and find entertainment. The other day they set up a surfing pond, (photos later) and while it was getting ready they put out cardboard and practiced their "moves".

I tease my son all the time, because he is there all legs-akimbo and flaiing about and he calles it dancing. (yeah... he laughs at my "moves" too) So I took a photo and played with it, animated it. It's silly. It's stupid. It has a bad word in it so forgive me.... but I have to show ya because it cracks me up. :)

http://dawnallynn.smugmug.com/photos/36247572-M.gif

No comments: