Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ailments and Joys

Ah, it's nice to feel well. Nicer yet when you've been sick for awhile.

I always appreciate good health, but never more than when I have experienced a bout of illness for an extended length of time. I don't still feel tip-top, as with many extended periods of sickness I am left with a feeling of continual tiredness. A kind of noodle-limb-listlessness that doesn't seem in any hurry to vacate my body.

Hmmph.

Well, I'm not complaining, because at least the nausea has taken leave. I can live, for the moment at least, with tiredness.

Part of my icky feelings, I am sure, come from the predominance of pollen in the New Mexico air. Take a little drive north of the Albuquerque and you will view flowers blooming in abundance as far as the eye can see. Yellows, purples, reds, oranges, blues.... the mesas and meadows are exploding in color, and it is simply gorgeous. Not good for my sinuses, but worth the pain, if you ask me.

We drove up to Wagon Mound yesterday to finish the float for the parade, (Which is on Monday) and the drive was breath taking. I took the back route, through Stanley, Galisteo, and Eldorado. From there it is a simple drive up I-25 past Pecos and Las Vegas. I only needed an hour to work on the float, and then we had lunch with Betty, Clint, and Fritz before doing a little local exploring. (We saw the owls again... four of them... stunning. I tried to get photos but I wasn't willing to encroach too closely and there wasn't enough light from afar.) By the time we were ready to go it was only 2pm and we still made it to the house before 5:00.

I bought a steak and some mushrooms, a little bottle of wine and kicked back for the rest of the night to watch a couple of old movies with my house windows thrown open wide. The air in the evenings is a cool 45 degrees, and makes for a relaxing atmosphere.

It was a good day. A good night as well. Hopefully I'll make it out to the plains area in the next few days for some more photos, but here are a few until then, from yesterday . :)







No comments: